...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Phew!

We moved my dad yesterday. It took all day, but went surprisingly well. He enjoyed the food in his new place, especially this morning's champagne brunch (which he gets every Sunday), and the fact that he gets weekly housekeeping. We're heading back over this afternoon as there are any number of small things he needs from his old home, and so that the kids can see their grandpa's new place. I have to admit, I am in absolute awe at how much stuff he has built up over the years, and how much of it he's now willing to get rid of.

I have also finished my blog renovations, at least for now. I like how it turned out!

We are finishing up our studies of Russia today with a Russian dinner. Tomorrow we're off to the library to turn in all the books from that unit, and then we start our tour of Europe with the Netherlands for a couple of weeks (see sidebar for a sampling of titles we'll read). I decided over the last couple of weeks that the time has come to set a schedule at home, with actual lesson times and everything! Part of my organization binge!

In other news, I am over the cold now, thankfully. It was a brutal one. I am so glad the ikids seemed to have steered clear of it. I start my Saturday seminars again next week - only 4 meetings this semester instead of 5 like last semester. I have already started the additional class I am taking - Regional Geography (to satisfy world cultures requirements). Looks like we'll be watching a lot of videos in this class, plus the professor has all sorts of exciting stories to share about backpacking all over the world - something I only wish I could do!

Well, off to get ready to descend upon my dad's aprtment, kids in tow!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great class! Like your new look here too.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)