...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Plan B (Otherwise known as THE plan) 2009-10

the Fairy, 1st grade
Language Arts
Handwriting: HWOT My Printing Book
Phonics: Phonics Pathways and Easy Lessons for Teaching Word Families
Reading: Bob Books and Now I'm Reading books. I will also be reading aloud to her most days from this list

Math
Saxon Math 1


the Elf, 3rd grade
Language Arts
Handwriting: Handwriting Connections (cursive)
Grammar: G.U.M. (Grammar, Usage, Mechanics)
Writing/Spelling/Vocabulary: Writing Tales 1
Reading: aloud and/or to self, from this list

Math
Saxon Math 3


Both kids
History
Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, using:
Story of the World 1 (ch. 19-41) and The Story of the Romans
Correlating activities and misc. supplemental read-alouds

Geography
1st grade: Maps, Globes, Graphs Level A
3rd grade: Maps, Globes, Graphs Level C

Science
Mr. Q's Elementary Life Science
Correlating activities and misc. supplemental read-alouds

Misc:
Classes: Art and hands-on Science at a charter school; dance lessons, roller skating, and maybe gymnastics
Other (not scheduled): Continued sewing lessons from their Nonna; Continued cooking lessons from their Nonna and myself; Beginning carpentry lessons from their dad; Lots of hands-on gardening; lots of art (always going on at our house!)

4 comments:

  1. This post is such a help to me! Thank you!! Gives me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Thank you for your post. It has been very helpful


    mom of DS 3.5 and DS 6(doing 3rd grade)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this amazing blog! My daughter will be in the 2nd grade next year, and this will be our first time homeschooling. I like Oak Meadow, and I noticed you used it in 2008-2009 and not 2009-2010. I want to copy what you've done, so I would like to know how you would change your plans for 2nd grade in hindsight, or if you would? Also on this post you mention history reading from "this list". Is that supposed to be link to another list on your blog? I share your interests, and I'm thrilled to find your blog. Iy males me think I can actually do this. I sent you a message on the WTM forum. Would love to email/speak to you if, possible. carri@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Iy males" ... I should have proofread. I meant "It makes".

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)