...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ooops!

Somehow I missed a comment (a week or so back) on my blog, and as a result, I almost missed this! My first blog award, thank you Jana!


Anyhow, following the rules, here are 7 things about me, and links to blogs I really enjoy. For the blog links, I am going to cheat, and say: Just look at my sidebar of blogs I read. All are by great mamas with beautiful blogs!

So now, 7 Things About Me:

1. I am really good at trying to overload myself. I am in college 3/4 time, preparing for a wetlands docent training program, teaching myself Algebra II, working outside the home part-time, and educating my children. Phew! Oh, and writing/illustrating a children's book as my senior project.

2. I am torn between my classical homeschooling self and my unschooling self. For example, I worry some days that Fairy is not reading, and not only that, but I think she may have developmental delays in this area. Other days I am able to step back and tell myself she will learn it when she is ready. I try not to let any of this emotional bouncing back and forth get through to her though!

3. I have never had a Twinkie, nor do I plan to.

4. My biggest wish is that I could be a stay-at-home mom. Not possible right now, but maybe someday after M goes back to school this fall! BTW, in case you are curious, he's going to be doing a certificate in Natural Resource Management, and, maybe at the same time, hopefully work as a supervisor for a local conservation corps while working toward becoming a park ranger. Now that will be cool! Right now he is a warehouse manager, and that just isn't where he sees himself in the long haul.

5. I am a terrible housekeeper. I am very, very bad at actually folding laundry and putting it away. There are arts-&-crafts things all over my house, and books, and then some more books, and no matter how many dishes I do, there always seem to be more lurking about. I try to be organized, but I'm just not there yet.

6. I love old cartoons, like Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, etc. Thankfully my kids love them too. Right now, Elf is on a big "Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines" kick. The Perils of Penelope Pitstop are good too.

7. I have managed to avoid the whole birthday party rigamarole until now. Suddenly my children are demanding birthday parties, which reminds me... I need to get invitations out!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you finally found it !! Your Welcome.

    I know what you mean about dishes never ending, and I gave the job of laundry to my husband, as the kids play outside while he does them.

    I have struggled daily for 22 years on how to educate my children, and will for the next 16 I am sure. It is a never ending battle, making sure I an doing enough, that they are getting it, that we are also enjoying it.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)