...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I'm free!!! Almost....

Well, I got the offer and all the details. It is actually better than I expected, so I sent in the acceptance paperwork today. We can bank 6-8 months of house payments and still have money to catch up on all our utilities, and have a little play money. I may finally get to paint the inside of our house something besides dirty-looking beige. I plan to take about 3 months of before seriously looking for a job. However, in the meantime, I registered as a secretarial substitute with the local school district - just have to go get a TB test and get fingerprinted in the next few weeks, and I need to bone up on my typing speed. I think that will make it easier for me to get a real job later, maybe even in the school system.

I've also been researching health insurance rates, mostly for the kids. Safeway is offering me continued coverage through Cobra, but it's hideously expensive. I can insure us for about a quarter of what they're asking if I do it on my own.

Wow, I will actually be home, if all goes well, for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas this year!

1 comment:

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)