...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, September 18, 2005

My trip to BurningMan

which I realized I never got around to writing about! It was good. The artwork was definately better this year than the last time I went (back when I was pregnant with C.J.). I really enjoyed the whole maze under the Man. There was one room with long silvery stuff hanging down - it was like being in a dense, sci-fi-kind-of, forest. Good weather this year too - hot, but not overwhelmingly so. No major dust storms, no rain - playa mud is something you have to experience to truly understand. I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time (Laurel) and that was good too. She and her friends had a little bar out on the playa.... good (strong) drinks! The drive there was a lot shorter from our home than from where we used to live, which was great since I do all the driving. I kept feeling guilty though that I had left the kids with my mom instead of bringing them with me, especially when I kept seeing other kids running around having a great time. Next year, if we go, the kids will go with us. For those who have never experienced it, here's a link - BurningMan.

I'm "on vacation" this week from work. Just hanging out at home. We'll do some cleaning and some yard work. My friend W gave me a lemon tree that I've got to get in the ground. Later today we might go out to look at a few things we hope to buy for the house soon. I want to price paint now that we've finally agreed on colors for our home's interior. Grey-green for the livingroom; a gorgeous soft blue for M's and my bedroom; a light, somewhat blue-toned gray for the master bath; a warm apricot-toned tan for the dining room and hallway; a darker green for the kitchen that will set off the dark cherry cabinetry nicely; C.J. chose 2 shades of periwinkle blue-purple; C.O. picked blue, red, and yellow for his room, so I will do the bottom 1/3 of the wall blue, then a wide red stripe and yellow for everything above that. The kids bathroom I'm doing in a mural of cattails, frogs, dragon-and-butterflies, etc. Lots of blues and greens. Still dithering on laundry room color (maybe yellow) and the color for the study. I'm sure that whole list made for some exciting reading! When I get a chance I'll post some before pictures, and hopefully, eventually, some after pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)