...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Things are slowing down again...

One secretary came back last week, and the other returns tomorrow, so I think by the end of the week, things at work will be back to normal. Plus C.O.'s soccer season is officially over. Thus I'll have more time to do all the other stuff, like homeschooling, going places (I keep meaning to take the elflings to the zoo but haven't had time), housework (I'm a bit behind), doing homework for English lit ahead of time, not last minute... you get the picture. Right now I am supposed to be creating/forming a 10-15 minute presentation of Isabel Allende for class - I've got the bare bones done, but need to take some time to flesh it out. I hate doing oral presentations, but my job at the Marin Conservation Corps several years back did help me get past the worst of my public speaking fears.

I am trying, at home, to get rid of things. I have too much stuff - too many books (is that possible though?), too many old clothes, too many baby clothes (it is hard to part with something your baby wore), just too much. We'll be at the end of our lease in a few months, and I don't want to have to move as much junk this time. I know we'll be looking for a place with more space, but I'd like some of it to remain just that, space. Ideally we'll get a rental house with a garage for all of M's projects - he makes wooden toys, starship models, etc. in his spare time and needs a place where he can spread out his tools and projects, where they won't be in the way, or right where the kids want to play. C.O. is talking about wanting his own room too, though in all honesty the kids still both sleep in my bed most nights, and then M sleeps in C.O.'s bed. Eventually they'll outgrow cosleeping, right?

Next weekend is my 11th wedding anniversary. I personally am having a difficult time believing it's been 11 years already. We're going to go stay in a hotel for 2 nights, while the elflings stay at my mom's. Just a mini-vacation really, which I think will do us both good. I feel somewhat guilty about spending the money on it, but it is my money, so there!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:59 PM

    I had a comment all typed out and lost it, thanks to this new beta stuff.

    Anyway sounds like a much needed break coming up. Happy early Annivesary!!! how wonderful. Take care

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)