...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Biggest challenge...

I missed yesterday's from Dana's Principled Discovery Home Educaion Week topic due to writing an ecology report, so I'll try today's, which is to share one of my greatest challenges. For me, I'd say a great challenge is finding the right path of education for my family. I am easily attracted to many types of schooling, ranging from classical to Charlotte Mason, to Waldorf-based, to unit studies, and more. I can see benefits to each, and so I want to try them all. It doesn't help that, as we homeschool through a charter school, I have lots of stuff easily available.

I think what I need to do is forget the labels. As a home educator, I am free to pick and choose what works for us, and to move past what doesn't work.

Oh, and by the way, isn't my blog looking pretty? I feel blessed in that I have a friend who designed my great new banner for me. I could spend all day looking at it!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about finding the right path. There are so many appealing things about Charlotte Mason, classical, unschooling...

    Yes, it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a fantastic banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did notice your new banner very first thing! It's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)