...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring break is over...

Back to homeschooling yesterday, but we tried out parts of Oak Meadow to make it more interesting, and so I could see what the kids thought of it, and it went really well. We started with doing our Saxon meeting books - calendar & weather/temperature charting - then I told a story from OM, about a haystack and a magic spindle. The kids drew pictures of the haystack - Fairy turned hers into the letter "A" (OM kindergarten work), and Elf did copywork on his. After that we moved on to math, where I decided to give them a break from Saxon and do some review work instead. I love Learning Page print-outs! Then on to ETC, with Elf doing 2 pages in his new lesson and Fairy completing a lesson (3 pages done). Finally, we finished up by reading in our biology book about the sprouting of seeds/early life for a plant. At bedtime I read them a Chinese fairy tale, as we are now studying ancient China.

Altogether a good homeschooling day! I am slowly realizing that, yes, I can meld all the bits and pieces together of all the program aspects I like. I don't have to define our homeschooling style by any one name, except maybe eclectic.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I've lagged on commenting!

    Glad to hear that OM is working well for ya'll all. And we love the Learning Page print-outs, too. All those animal-themed ones ROCK. We're using some of them now for Miguel's animal workbook. : )

    And, hey, about that previous post? I think the curriculum sounds good ... Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)