...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just tweaking my blog...

I added my list of mostly free resources back into my sidebar - hopefully something on there will be useful to someone! I also added my Elementary Plans to my other blog. This is mainly for my own benefit, as it helps me keep track of potential resources.

Other than that, all is well in our household. We are finally painting the interior of our home - so far, we have done a deep red accent wall in the living room, which really makes the white and deep red fireplace stand out, and my BIL is picking up more paint today or tomorrow. The kids have definately settled on colors for their room: soft blue walls, white trim, and a deeper blue ceiling with the night sky stenciled on it in glow-in-the-dark paint (I plan on doing the stencil with white paint, then the glow-in-the-dark, so they can see the stars day and night). We're also tearing up the carpeting in their room, as there are lovely hardwood floors underneath. First, I plan on using the carpet as a giant drop-cloth for painting, then I'll rip it out! I am also having my mom, who was a professional landscape designer, help me with sketches for the front yard.

Schooling is going well too, but I'll save that for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. We're in the middle of home renovations too. We just pulled up the carpets in three rooms and are almost finished laying the flooring. I will be glad to finally get everything cleaned up! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so nervous to pull up carpet. What happens if the floor beneath is in terrible shape?? I know it's hardwood, but that's ALL I know.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)