...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Relaxing a bit...

We're taking a week off from "formal" math and writing, I think, but I do have plans! Basically the idea is to switch things up a bit and try different approaches.

Ideas for Bug:
  • Going through Alexander Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday and checking the math as he goes
  • Some work from Math Appeal
  • Playing Totally Tut (which unfortunately I don't think Cricket is quite ready to play)
  • Various math puzzles and pictograms from all the "Dollar Days" eBooks I bought from Scholastic
  • Mad Libs
  • I put his spelling words on Spelling City so he could play games
  • Writing and illustrating his own fable since we're reading Squids Will Be Squids - yes, he'll have to do a rough draft and then a final draft after I help him correct spelling and punctuation
  • We're going to start The Sentence Family, and learn about Mr. Declarative

And for Cricket:


For both:

I think it will be a good week. Gives us a break from the general Teaching Textbooks/Primary & Intermediate Language Lessons thing. We also will be studying dinosaurs and Explorers this week, with good books and some nice hands-on. I did go ahead and order Life of Fred Fractions for Bug, and Apples for Cricket... can't wait until they get here!

Oh, we're also starting up a gentle study of other countries/cultures. Our first country is Hungary. I have Fairy Tales of Eastern Europe on hand, A Family in Hungary from the library, and a good recipe for Hungarian goulash. The following week we're "going" to Poland, and then off to Russia!

Hope the upcoming week is a good one for you all!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good--have I mentioned that your blog is always a great source for materials? I love it that you take the time to share all of your links! :)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)