...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, November 12, 2009

In a box of books...

We got a GREAT box of books from my mom's neighbor, a former homeschooler whose children have grown up and gone on to college. Among the books on human anatomy, outer space, and so forth, I found two new-to-me resources that we're now enjoying and/or will enjoy in the future. In the "now enjoying" arena, we have the Oxford First Ancient History. Having browsed through it, I can say it is clear and concise, and it makes a great companion to the Famous Men of... series.

The second discovery will be useful in the future. It is an entire set of books, called Girls to the Rescue, in which the girls save the day, rescue someone, slay the dragon, and so forth. I think Fairy will really enjoy these in a couple of years!

Plus we got a whole stack of Zoo Books, some bug books, and more. Yaaay for former homeschoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)