...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Experimenting...

We've been going with a classical style of education overall this week, but today I am going to approach some of our lessons a little differently. For example, in history, instead of reading from the Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, I think we'll read from The Book of the Ancient World (D. Mills) , the kids will narrate (while I take really fast notes), then enter the narrations into their binders along with illustrations... sort of a take on Waldorf Main Lesson Books meets Charlotte Mason. For science today, instead of defining words and outlining from a science encyclopedia, I think we'll head out to the local wetlands and the kids will have a chance to try out nature journaling.

I'll update later, and let you know how the shift goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)