...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, February 16, 2013

En garde!

The Boy took part in his very fist [in-house] fencing tournament today! He ha so much fun, even though he didn't make it very far in the actual competition. He got some great advice from coaches, scored a total of 7 points, and got an invitation to join the teen and adult class! Granted, the homeschool fencing class is fun, but it is recreational, and The Boy loved the challenge of today! He wants to take it to the next level. I try not to push the kids into sports, activities, etc., but I will be supportive of a genuine desire to pursue something.

I'll stop blabbing now and just share some pictures!

 Suited up in electric gear! (A first for him)

Getting, literally, plugged in before the bout

And, en garde!

 Look at him go!

 A quick break between bouts

 Back in action!

I think we'll be doing this again! Great learning experience, and I have to say, I am very proud of The Boy today. He showed a positive attitude, great sportsmanship, and a willingness to learn!

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting, Gillian!

    Michael took fencing in college and he really enjoyed it. I think Benjamin might enjoy it when he is older, as it simulates swordplay, something we all know he enjoys! ;)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)