...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Art on the Fridge...

Artist for November: Jan Vermeer

I decided to put up two pieces of Vermeer's work this week, just to look at when getting some juice, or even walking past the refrigerator. I have a book to read too, when we get around to it. A special thanks to Mark Harden's Artchive for having so much artwork right there at the click of a mouse!




Next week, I have another couple of pieces to put up. I am not requiring any particular response... I simply want my kids exposed to great art!

2 comments:

  1. I should do something like this. Right now we have poetry days, and the kids are being exposed to all sorts of different poets. Maybe I should 'strew' some art, too… *ponders*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice:). I like our picture study, but I don't tend to display the pictures after we talk about them. I think now maybe they should go on display for a week so we can all get more familiar with them.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)