...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, August 5, 2016

Hello Again!

Summer is, believe it or not, starting to wind down, and I miss blogging, so here I am! We're still doing much the same as we were about a month ago, and we feel pretty content these days. However, we're also feeling that the time is coming to be ready for another year of homeschooling! I have almost finalized my plans for the year, which you can read about here. At the same time I am pulling all that together, I am getting ready for teaching.

Yes, it is official. I will be teaching sixteen college freshmen this year... English 100A (fall) and 100B (spring). So I've been working with a group of the other Teaching Associates (my fancy new title!) to create a syllabus, and engaging/challenging assignments that will help these students get up to general college writing standards. I'm half excited, and half very nervous! I'll be teaching this class two mornings a week. Two afternoons a week, I'll be back at the junior college, as a teaching assistant. AND, I am taking two classes of my own -- one is a required workshop for the Teaching Associates, the other is a British Lit seminar, with a fantastic professor (had him for Shakespeare).

While that may sound crazy busy, I'll actually have a lot more time at home, which is great, because that was one of the things that hindered us most in homeschooling last year. And for the first time since they were wee children, we can do a lot of morning lessons, and get them out of the way, instead of trying to do them during dinner preparations!

Besides that, I've been working out hard, eating healthy, and am down 34 pounds! I feel so much better in so many ways.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pop in and say hello, if anyone still reads this old blog! I am looking forward to chronicling the next year!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job! It does sound crazy busy, but also super exciting!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)