...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, August 18, 2005

C.J.'s first haircut...

C.O. and C.J. both clipped at her beautiful curls today, outside, while I was inside washing dishes. Thankfully they didn't cut much and you can't tell unless you really look closely. I hadn't planned on that being the first type of haircut she'd get. In other C.J. news, she has both potty-trained herself and weaned herself in the last two weeks. I am not sure how this happened, but it did. Now I have no babies, only little kids. C.J. has also decided that she wants to be a firefighter for Halloween, which is fine beacuse I already have C.O.s firefighter costume from last year - he wants to be a plane this year. M is crafting a set of bi-plane wings from foam board for him.

I worked in Ukiah this last week, doing a store reset, where we emptied shelves of itmes to be moved elsewhere. It was very dirty work and I am very tired, since I was gone 12 hours a night, and the kids don't understand why I'd want to sleep much past 10 am.

BurningMan is almost here! I am pretty sure I'll have the time off. I only need to buy a few last things (water, some freeze-dried food). Replace a hose in my car. Afterwards, M will be out daily searching for a job. I may look for a new job too, since I am really not very fond of mine. Not sure what I want to do next, but about every 3-4 years I seem to have a career change, so it's about due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)