...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, February 22, 2010

If we were to do Earth & Space science...

In place of (or maybe in addition to) nature studies for next year, I would use...

Earth
Kingfisher Young People's Book of Planet Earth
The Amazing Earth Model Book
Geology Rocks! AND/OR How The Earth Works
Selected episodes from How the Earth Was Made

Space
Kingfisher Young People's Book of Space
Amazing Solar System Models You Can Build Yourself
We have a good telescope, so we'll use that too.
Jacqueline Mitton's beautiful books on constellations, the solar system, etc.
Selected episodes from The Universe
We might read George's Secret Key to the Universe as well
We're also lucky enough to have a nearby community college with a planetarium and shows open to the public.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    You are really ready, aren't you? I'm getting there. LOL

    I looked at "George's Secret Key to the Universe" and decided to save it for 6th grade, so he could read it on his own. It looks like a really cool book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wild, planning fool aren't you?!?! Rock on!

    Find me on Facebook! I have a link in my sidebar--friend me! :)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)