...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Keeping my fingers crossed...

M has had some health issues surfacing for some time (tremors, nausea, trouble sleeping, rapid & irregular heartrate, always cold), but we always just kind of shoved the concerns aside. Finally, we decided it was time to haul him into the doctor's office. And after the visit, the doctor doesn't know. M is now scheduled for a full metabolic workup tomorrow morning, i.e. blood tests. The doctor also wants to test his liver and kidney functions. Bottom line is that there is something wrong, and the doctor wants to figure it out and treat it now. It might be hyperthyroidism, and again, it might not. We're just hoping for a diagnosis of something that is relatively easy to treat, that does not require surgery of any sort.

I want him to be okay. I want this easily treatable so he's not feeling ill, shaky and cold. Sleeping well at night would be a bonus too! If it can be treated through diet and/or medication, then that's what we do. At least seeking a diagnosis is a step in the right direction! And, M likes his new doctor, which is important.

Other than that, I have the day off today, and the kids have no dance classes, so we have a nice long afternoon and evening ahead of us. We're off to visit Farmer Sally in an hour, and see the two new baby lambs, meet the cow, pick up some eggs... We're very much looking forward to the visit! Educational plans for today include some writing (mostly regarding Rome), finishing some math, more phonics work, reading, and home ec (the kids are at their Nonna's right now doing some sewing - I believe patchwork). Yesterday's schooling efforts went well. We did everything I had planned, in small increments with breaks between, which seemed to work well. I'll try it again today!

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for M...hopefully it will be an easy fix. I didn't realize you were dealing with this worry...so wrapped up in my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall cross my fingers as well! :)

    And, say a little prayer, too.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)