...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Checking In...

First, the "big" news... I got my job back! The Other Secretary, the one who bumped me from my position when hers was eliminated, found another job within the organization, so I head back to the office this Thursday.

My college semester starts next week. I have shifted my focus at this point, as, though much introspection and several deep conversations with my husband, I am not cut out to be a teacher, at least not of an entire classroom. Every semester in my grad program, I have had to "teach" one of the classes, and a) I am honestly not that good at it, and b) it became something I really dreaded. So, long story short, I am taking a class in human development, and a lecture series on law, ethics, and society. I may also train for the CASA program. So, in a nutshell, I am looking at social work. I am particularly interested in helping displaced/homeless families and children, as well as LBGT teenagers.

We'll start up our homeschooling year on August 31, since we plan on going Sunday through Thursday. I am/we are finally happy with our plans for the year, though as always they are subject to shifting and changing!

We've been enjoying our last few days of vacation, with a trip to a pool with friends, time at the beach and river, more evening bike rides, grilling late night dinners, sleeping in, watching movies... it's been lovely.

Hope you all are having a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are working out! I've had a couple of friends work for CASA and they find it extremely rewarding. *big round of applause* for you!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)