...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Reading...


 "The whole world opened to me when I learned to read." 
Mary McLeod Bethune 

For The Boy, it was Diary of a Wimpy Kid... the book that hooked him indefinitely on reading. The Girl has at last found her hook, The Time Cat. She reads aloud to me little snippets that she finds especially beautiful, and when not reading, talks eagerly of returning to her book. She carries it with her wherever she goes, in case there is a "moment to read".

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I am trying to get my boys to find a book that will get them hooked on reading....one of them just started reading the Bunnicula series and I think that will be "the one". I always have a book going and so does Grace, but the boys have been harder to convince. And I take my book everywhere too, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)