...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Busy, stressed, and more...

We'll be closing on the 21st instead of the 27th. This is freaking me out. I'm either at work, or packing and/or throwing out crap. On the plus side, our loan is fully approved, ready to go.... the home inspection is all done and the seller agreed to raise & secure the water heater... we'll save money closing early actually because we won't be at our rental into the first week of September after all... Now, I just have to get homeowners' insurance in place on time, sign a trillion more forms, move all the utilities, arrange for a moving truck rental, and go with M to court on the 20th. His lovely ex-girlfriend is now saying she can't afford insurance for M's son, despite the fact that M's paying half, so she's claiming there are "uninsured medical costs" that M (we) need to pay. Aaaarggghhh. Plus I start classes that day - Political Science and Algebra. I'll be taking Child Development online as well.

I just want this move to be done. I hate moving, with a passion. Oh well. Once it's all done, it's all done! And tomorrow night, I have quite a treat in store. The kids are spending the night at my mom's, I have the evening off, and M and I are going to see the Harry Potter movie. I've actually never seen one in the theater, only on DVD. I'm so excited it's silly. Plus, since I have the day off, the kids and I thought we would head off to a park day we don't usually go to. After we run some errands of course. Then Thursday, I'm spending the day packing like crazy. I really want to get that part done.

The kids are getting excited now about moving, since they've been in the new house a few times, and they're familiar with their room, the huge family room, and the big backyard. C.O. keeps wanting to help pack, but his idea of good packing is... well... interesting. After a lot of debate, they're both understanding that throwing out broken toys is not a bad thing, since that gives them room for new ones! They've also decided that they want guinea pigs when we move. We'll have to see about that one. I've decided to go ahead and wait on SOTW until September - we've got enough going on right now.

On a sidenote, I got an "A" in my public speaking class, and I've lost another 6 pounds in the last week and a half, bringing my grand total to 14 pounds. Still a loooong ways to go, but a good start!

So, there's my rant, my update, my whining and more!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Thanks for updating. It's good to know you've just been BUSY. You will feel so relieved once everything is done.

    Congrats on your A! Hoping that that park day you were talking about was the one I'm thinking of and we'll see you there. Cassia was just asking this morning if CO and CJ would be there today. :)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)