...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A moment of silence...

I'd like to stop for a moment of silence in respect for my now-passed step-father-in-law. He died very suddenly this morning, in his home, of a massive heart attack, at the age of 69, which is younger than my own dad. My mourning at the moment is primarily for my mother-in-law, who lost both her parents in the last year, and now her husband. M, E (BIL) and I spent the entire day with her, first at the hospital, then at her home. E is taking care of all the legal bits (life insurance, etc.), I called everyone MIL wanted called, and M sat with her, holding her hand, the whole day. We're all absolutely exhausted now. I am grateful for her church group - her pastor started the funeral home arrangements, a lady brought dinner over, they're going to help her sort through his huge collection of junk... The kids spent the day at my mom's, thankfully.

In other, and better news, we are drawing very close to closing. Our final walk-through is scheduled for 10:30 this Friday. By mid-week next week we should have KEYS! I can't wait! I have thrown out and gotten ready for donation loads of stuff, so we can start fresh and relatively clutter-free in our new home. I am also tweaking my Master Keep-It-Clean plan, which I plan to implement right away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry for your family's loss. Lots of P&PTs.

    Good luck with the closing. You must be excited! BTW, I loved all those books you posted last time. Very tempting assortment at that price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hug)

    I am keeping the family in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)