...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

When it rains, it pours...

Today's phone call - from my dad, asking that I come take him to the hospital. He was having chest pains. 4 hours, several x-rays, multiple blood tests, and an EKG later, he is fine. They're keeping him in overnight for observation, but he'll be fine. The chest pains are likely indigestion. What a scare for not much! Still, better safe than sorry.

That pretty much took up my whole day that was supposed to be dedicated to packing. And I missed my second math class, but I left a voicemail for the professor so I won't be dropped from the class. I did get to spend some nice time outside with the kids, playing with rubber-band-propelled flyers, which only got stuck in trees twice. We also spent some time, well, C.O. and I did, discussing our educational goals for 1st grade. He's excited about history and math primarily, although he thinks biology is pretty cool too. We caught a praying mantis in our house the night before last. We plan on letting it go in a day or two, after observing it carefully. C.O. promptly named it "Elizabeth", and thinks "she is amazing". I love watching him/her clean itself, rather like a cat. Since we plan on hatching ladybugs and butterflies (and maybe praying mantises), this helped get both kids really thinking about how much fun science can be.

Tomorrow we sign all the final loan paperwork, decide on the type of title, etc. I am very much looking forward to having this process finished.

2 comments:

  1. That must've been quite a scare. Wowza.

    You're got so much going on, G, that I'm impressed you get any posting done!

    It sounds like you got some good time with the kids, though. Aw, their enthusiasm is awesome.

    I hope things settle down soon, and, well, that if they're not settled, at least they are happy, cheerful things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary is right! I'm glad it was a false alarm.

    Good luck with the house stuff.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)