...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, November 30, 2007

Some random, recent pictures...

The kids in their "vests of many colors" (after reading SOTW)
Elf cooking dinner for the family

Fairy helping with the side dishes


Good day today too. We did homeschooling early (for us), starting with calendar work, moving on through math, then some phonics work (from Elf's old Houghton Mifflin book we never completed last year for a change of pace). We finished up with a really fun book, called 1001 Things to Spot Long Ago from Usborne. Kind of like an I Spy crossed with Where's Waldo. Not a lot of stuff, but we covered the basic. After that, and some time I spent figuring out if we're "on track" with my plans for the year (which we mostly are), we headed off to the park. When we got there, most of the kids were off on an adventure, but mine settled right in anyway, having me push them on the swings. Eventually everyone else came back, and there were a lot of kids today! They played running-and-chasing games, climbing games, burying-cars-in-the-sand games... I think the idea of the "game" changed every 15 minutes! All the while my Fairy sat happily in the sand, digging with her buddy Cassia (I understand they are twins now). I met a mom whose daughter goes to the same charter school as Elf, which was cool, and we really got along well. She even gave Elf some car-related toys she was planning on donating. Anyhow, it turned out to be one of the best park days I've been to in a while. I do wish we had gotten there in time for the adventure, and that it hadn't gotten quite so cold, but it was still great fun.

Now I'm off to enjoy my first whole work-free weekend in months!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics!

    I hope you really enjoyed your weekened. Woo-hoo, work-free!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)