...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, July 24, 2005

A day at the river...

Mat and I took the kids out to Cache Creek yesterday. We hiked a ways until we found a spot where there was some fairly calm water - gorgeous spot, with cliffs across the water from us. We spent the afternoon jumping in and out of the very clean, cold water, while Mat wandered downstream to fish. He didn't catch anything, but he still enjoyed it. I showed the kids pollywogs, which they were very excited by. Next time I'll take an old Mason jar so that we can catch some to watch grow into frogs, then we can set them free again. I'll also take sunscreen, since both Cyrus and I burned. Cassia's like her dad - she just gets brown.

Cyrus's cat Ichabod died suddenly. He disappeared for a few days, then Mat found him dead under the front walkway. We haven't told Cyrus that he died, just that he went away.

I set up a blog for my mom. She does doll stuff - see the link in my sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)