...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, July 9, 2005

Just rambling

First of all, being poor totally sucks. We literally have no money at this point, and we owe people money. So, it's going to be a very, very tight month. On the plus side, we made our house payment, we have food, and our electricity is all paid up.

We've been debating back and forth about this house - it has a lot of problems. Plumbing/sewage, electricity, roof... all need work. So we've been debating essentially remodeling or tearing the whole damn thing down and starting over. After a lot of discussion and research, we'll remodel. I do love the layout of the house and some of the unique aspects, but the work... we're actually looking at refinancing to have both lower payments and the money to fix the place.

So, C.O. named our homeschool - OakTree Hill School. I don't have to register it for another 2 years, when he's six, but I like having a name for it and I like the name. I'm starting him on preschool this fall, to get him used to having regular lessons of a sort. We'll work on some math, telling time and I'm getting the book "How To Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons", plus we'll start on writing letters. I'm looking forward to it actually - I think the one-on-one time will be good for both of us. He's been going through a difficult phase lately, where he doesn't listen until I'm on the verge of yelling. It's hard being angry and frustrated so much of the time, but I just have to keep in mind that he'll outgrow this and that patience is the best way to deal with it. I'm trying to upload a picture of him that I liked but the photo publishing bit doesn't seem to be working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)