...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Saturday & today...

Saturday: Had a soccer game first thing in the morning. C.O.'s team won for the first time! Plus he blocked a pass once really well (with his knee), so we got smoothies to celebrate! During the game, I was talking to my dad, who shows up to watch most games... he asked me how homeschooling is going, so I told him what the kids were doing, and that C.O. got another 100% on a math assessment, and my dad's response? "So, is he going to a real school next year?"
After the game, then playtime in the playground, and smoothies, we came back home and had a fun, relaxed day. M's brother (the kids' Uncle E) was over, and we played tag and spinning out on the front lawn for a couple of hours. Then, the other local kids all came out to play, so I sat under a tree to work on my homework while they all played. Later in the evening, we got Chinese food and Uncle W came over (Uncle E was gone by this time).
Good day, very calm. We also got two packages in the mail for the kids - The Babar Treasury, and the stories of Curious George. We spent the late evening reading voraciously!
 
Today: The kids asked to draw pictures and "write" another letter to their penpals, so we did that first. Then C.O. wanted to read all the license plates out in the parking lot, so we spent about half an hour doing that. He got them all right! I figure it's good letter and number recognition practice. We might play our Dora the Explorer ABC game later, and will probably read some more. The kids have also watched 2 episodes of Little Einsteins today, which is one of the few cartoon shows I can actually tolerate.
This afternoon, we're going for a leaf collecting walk, and then I'll try pressing the leaves in waxed paper. I'm also looking through our science experiment book for fall ideas - there are a number of good ideas in there! Tonight the kids are spending the night at their Nonna's (my mom) house, and I am going to use the peace and quiet to finish my essay on stages of female emotional growth in English lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)