...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, December 22, 2006

Lazy days...

Well, to be honest, we are very busy, but haven't been so busy with lessons! We've been cleaning, baking cookies, wrapping presents, etc. We are off to my MIL's Sunday morning, then my dad, brother & sister are coming over in the afternoon for dinner & gift exchanges. The kids decided their gift to everyone would be gingerbread cookies, so we have been baking & decorating cookies like crazy! Thankfully my finger is feeling somewhat better, so I think I just sprained it. Plus we've been getting down to the nitty-gritty of cleaning and tidying.

We did do some actual sit-down schoolwork yesterday though. C.O. did 4 pages of math & read one of his readers out loud. C.J. traced the numbers 1-10 in her workbook, which took a while, but she did a great job!

We have a few weeks of time off - C.O. doesn't go back to his enrichment classes until after New Year's. My classes don't start until mid-January. Gymnastics won't start again until January. I work only 3 days a week for the next couple of weeks (only 3 hours a day as usual) I hope we can make some good progress through C.O.'s math & phonics books over this time period.

Off to clean some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)