...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, August 10, 2007

Better today...

Yesterday just really got to me. I ran around in so many circles that my day seemed pointless. Of course the kids picked up on that feeling, and I really think, now that I can think straight, that is why they were acting out so much. Jenny, I took your advice, had a nice big glass of red wine, and felt much better!

Anyhow, although I didn't get all that much done today either, it just felt better. I did get all my utility moves arranged - gotta love the Internet for that! I read some more of James & the Giant Peach to the kids. I spent 6 fast-paced hours at work. I did dishes and a load of laundry, so I guess I made some progress today.

I have carefully packed all the homeschooling stuff in two boxes, just as carefully labeled "Homeschooling - Family Room" on all sides. I can't wait to set up my homeschool area in our family room! I picked my spot first, before anyone could claim it, right in the corner beneath the two big windows. I have also decided that the bookcase currently gracing our hallway will be the kids' bookcase - it has three sections of shelf and the two smaller will be just for their homeschool stuff. Yeah, we'll need more bookcases, soon, since I still have at least 2 or 3 boxes of as-yet-unpacked books in my closet, but it's a start! I am debating getting a globe this year too, and I did decide to go ahead and order coloring books, a couple at a time, starting with one on
Ancient Egypt, when we get there. I also found a link to some pretty decent science sites today, with all the major areas covered. The one we'll be using focuses on biology.

Final loan approval is in, the funding has been requested, and next week we sign all the fun loan paperwork, take our final walk-through, and then sign the title. I got the insurance set up, which was less expensive than I thought. I keep re-planning the front planter boxes in my head while at work (makes the time pass more quickly). There are already 2 huge hydrangeas, so I'm adding
Abutilon (Chinese Lantern), Nandina (Heavenly Bamboo), maybe some geraniums, some salvias... we're rounding off the front lawn (hate square lawns) and putting in a butterfly garden too. I sew curtains in my head as well, to replace the awful dusty brown things that clutter the windows now. I can see us in the house, can see the kids playing in the back yard, can see us gathered around the homeschool table on a rainy day....

1 comment:

  1. Your new house dreams sound beautiful! I was going to say something else but now I've forgotten...hmmm.

    Oh globe! I got a "good enough" one at K-Mart for $17, I think. It's fun. The kids love it. We used it for the first time during history yesterday to find France before we explored the LasCaux Caves. We had also gotten some laminated wall maps at Wal-Mart last year, one of the US and one of the world, for about $10 for the pair. Those have been great though they end up being pretend sleeping bags more than anything, lol. No seriously, they're great and I'm surprised they've lasted with all the use they get.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)