...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Posting this a tiny bit early...

but Happy Not-Back-To-School day to my elflings! Tomorrow all the schools start up around here, and I'm soooo glad that it doesn't involve us. Work was crazy today, with loads of people buying loads of stuff their kids "need" for lunches, etc. Just sheer insanity. People keep asking me if my kids are ready for school, and I say "Yes", and then they ask me where they go, and I tell them we homeschool, at which point there is normally a dead silence momentarily, before about a half dozen questions pour out. Why, how, and so forth. Our summer too is drawing to an end, since we'll be starting back up in full swing the day after Labor Day. My classes start tomorrow, and I am looking forward to most of them (not particularly math though). I may add a yoga class, but I'll have to see. The kids' gymnastics classes start next week.

C.O. has taught himself a new in-the-car game, which is identifying different makes of cars. He can accurately, and quickly, identify BMWs, VWs, Hondas, Toyotas, and about 10 others. I'm not even sure where he learned all this, but he's good at it! Of course, this is the same boy who, at age 2 and a half, patiently told me "No Mommy, that's an excavator, not a digger". C.J. meanwhile has learned the Baby Bumblebee song, so her in-the-car repetoire is now, thankfully, a little bit expanded. She also sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I'm a Little Teapot, the alphabet song, and Eensy Weensy Spider.

Unfortunately, due to the death in our family, the funeral, etc., we won't be able to get in to sign our final paperwork until Thursday, so closing on the house has now been pushed back to it's original date of a week from tomorrow. Which is okay really, because we're not done packing!

2 comments:

  1. Our schools start back tomorrow or Wednesday. But you know what that means... we get the park back!! WooHoo!

    When people find out we homeschool, they always say to me "I'd never have the patience for that" as if I'm this tower of patience, lol. Personally, I think a house full of little ones takes a LOT more patience than teaching a school-age kid math!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice new look! And thanks for the midwife name. I'll have to give her a call and see if she takes our stuff. The official website didn't list anyone closer than S.R.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)