...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, August 9, 2007

I need September to be here.... NOW

I am slowly going insane. I have spent most of the last 2 days (not including a really nice park afternoon yesterday) trying to turn in M's paperwork for court the week after next. I went to the courthouse - they said, drop off the paperwork at the child support office. I dropped off said paperwork, made additional copies for the courthouse (why they need three copies is beyond me), went back to courthouse, with the ever-well-behaved (ha ha) children in tow... and no, dropping off the paperwork at child support does not count. It has to be served, which I don't get considering it was simply paperwork they had sent to M to complete, but whatever. This was at 3 this afternoon, I had been out of the house driving in circles since 9. I almost cried. The very nice lady at the courthouse took pity on me, called someone, and sent me to a courtroom, where another nice lady made extra copies for me, and arranged for the county to serve the papers. I then finally got to file the papers, and got home at a quarter to 4. I put the kids on separate beds in separate rooms, with no toys or books, or "mazagines", to thank them for their cooperation, while I threw dishes into the dishwasher. All this so that M won't miss work.

Now, at about twenty past 4, I am finally sitting, in my own chair, comfy. The kids are quietly watching a movie, eating peaches. The time out seemed to really grab their attention!

Park day yesterday was really good, after both C.O. and C.J. stopped whining - "It's too hot!"... "Ouch, everything is too hot to sit on"... "So-and-so keeps following me around and it's hot!" Thankfully, a lovely little breeze came up, and my (very real) threat to simply take them home again sunk in. So, instead of whining, they played, and oddly enough, had fun! I was pushing C.J. and Cassia on the swings for quite some time, and they kept telling me silly, somewhat senseless knock-knock jokes, so I called them goofy, and they started calling themselves Goofy 1 and Goofy 2, changing who was which constantly. C.O. ran all over the place with Cameron, except when I made him sit down for a few minutes as he (C.O. of course) sit down, since he turns bright red and sweats a lot when he plays, and I thought he needed to cool down. At one point, I did have to try to convince C.J. that Greyson cannot be toted around like a sackful of potatoes. But, it was loads of fun for them, and I got to chat a little with other moms, which is always nice.

I have really limited my availability at work starting the week after next, partly due to school, partly due to moving, and partly due to my own preferences. I guess my boss decided to squeeze out whatever he could before then, because I am somehow scheduled for 40 hours next week. That'll be helpful, what with packing and all that. My mom might be able to take the kids for the last 4-5 days of the month though, to get them out from underfoot while we clean the apartment and finish moving.

I just can't wait until September gets here. We'll be in the new house (I don't mind UNpacking nearly as much as packing), I'll have my classes all established, we'll be starting up homeschooling again, I'll be working less....

1 comment:

  1. Oh YIKES! What a day! I hope you're a drinker because it sounds like you need one! ;) Maybe a cup of herbal tea, at least?

    I will wish all of your issues (moving, court, work, etc) a speedy and happy/smooth/as stress-free as possible completion.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)