...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It figures...

Seriously. I drop formal history, casually put on an episode of America: The Story of US, and wham! All the kids can talk about is American history, especially colonial times, Pilgrims, etc. So, I immediately end up turning back to Time Travelers, this time Colonial Life, and the variety of activity books I have managed to collect, and there we go! Cyrus got especially excited about the paper 3D model of Jamestown from this book (you can see the finished project on the book's cover):



He started it as soon as I had the printouts for him, and finished it this morning at my mom's. As soon as I can find my camera, I'll have to get a picture of him with it! In the meantime, Cassia keeps asking me questions about Colonial children, what they wore, did they go to school, what did they eat, etc., so I am putting a few books on hold at the library that might help: Sarah Morton's Day, Samuel Eaton's Day, and Tapenum's Day. She's also very curious about Native Americans during that time period, so I'll be searching out some good books for that.

I know this sudden interest may wane as quickly as it started, so I figure I had better ride the wave while I can! Let's see if this spreads to science as well....

1 comment:

  1. We have the video but haven't watched it with the kids yet (ages 9, 7, and 5). Glad to hear your kids liked it.

    http://funoutofthebox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)