...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, March 21, 2011

This week...

I have high hopes for this week, including getting my computer back, in working condition. Yesterday I turned it on, to research science projects for my class on Tuesday. It started up with no problem, I left the room to grab a cup of coffee, and came back to the dreaded white crash screen. Luckily I have a friend who is a computer whiz, and he came over a couple of hours later to strip the hard drive. He managed, we think, to get all my files downloaded to an external hard drive... I hope, and has taken my computer home with him to repair. In the meantime, at least I have M's laptop! Lesson learned? I really should back up everything - photos onto disks, files onto disks, and all my homeschooling e-books either to disk or Google Docs.

Luckily, I had spent part of Saturday prepping everything for homeschooling this week. I am hoping we will:

  • Get through all the language arts/phonics I have assigned for the week
  • Finish another section of multiplication (Cyrus) and revisit addition (Cassia).
  • Do lessons 2 and 3 in Colonial Life, and watch a video as a supplement - I am also picking up some library books today to broaden our studies.
  • Start a unit from Mr. Q's Classical Science on rocks and fossils. In addition, we'll be building our own weather station equipment for my 4H Science class.
  • Read some more in The Four Story Mistake and The Phantom Tollbooth. Cyrus is really looking forward to starting the fourth Percy Jackson book, and Cassia and I hope to finish Little House in the Big Woods.
  • I think we might have 4H Nature Crafts too?

Meanwhile, the sun is shining, really shining, for the first time in over a week, so I hope to get outside, maybe for a creekside walk. And we are eagerly awaiting various habitats in the mail - we're going to raise ladybugs and praying mantises. Maybe butterflies a bit later when the weather is warmer. We now have a real ant farm too... just waiting for ants in the mail. I have been meaning to buy these kits for years, and finally got around to it because Amazon was nice enough to give me great credit for a used textbook!

I hope you all have a good week too... AND



HAPPY SPRING!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of Mr. Q--I visited the site. Looks cool. :)

    Happy Spring to you!!!

    Oh & we're having computer problems, too. My husband's desktop AND laptop both died. We're now sharing my laptop. Blech!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)