...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Flowers, fruit, and curtains...


My white dahlias


The yarrow has come back nicely


Cassia's fairy foxgloves

The lavender bushes are probably four feet across right now


Loads of fresh strawberries this year


A melon blossom


A baby Meyer lemon


My white marigolds (though I would call them more ivory than white)


Our state flower, of which we have plenty


Cyrus's dahlias are in full bloom


The hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers


As are the abultilon


Someday this will be a lemon too


And last but not least, my lovely new living room curtains! I need to take them down and iron them, but had to see how they looked. The old ones, that came with the house, were brown kind-of-tweedy-wanna-be looking stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)