...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, February 15, 2008

Elf's latest passion....

The charter school got Classical Kids and is loaning out cds and all the accompaniments. So, we checked out Beethoven Lives Upstairs, because Elf heard part of Beethoven's 5th on the radio, and fell in love with it. He hums parts of it! Anyhow, I give this series a thumbs up - we are really enjoying it so far. The storytelling and the music work really well together, and even I have learned some new things about Ludwig. My mom also loaned us 5 or 6 tapes of Beethoven's music, so we are currently listening to the entire 5th symphony while in the car.

We finally made it to a park day today! The kids insisted on taking a pan of "Valentine's" brownies we had made together (just normal brownies, but made on Valentine's Day). There were a lot of the regular group of kids there today, and mine were glad to see them. My only problem? Every time activities changed a little, one or both of my kids would throw a minor fit and insist they did not want to play. Finally, I would get them playing, and once they were involved in the activity, they loved it. But this happened probably 5 or 6 times per child! Other than that, it was really nice to be there again. And on a sidenote, thank you Jenny! You made my day when I got there (the weight loss comment). And you look great, with the nice pregnant mama glow (which I never got btw, I always had that "yes, I just puked again" look instead)...

Oh, and this picture is for Jenny, who said that Fairy pouting (albeit with wild hair, and at the end of the slide) would make a great picture.

This picture was taken moments before the laughing one I posted last time, literally.

Oh, and I got a bunch of info from Oak Meadow in the mail, and looking over their sample lessons, I am suddenly not quite so sure about it.... (naturally). Maybe I can just adapt the elements I like to what I'm doing now? Can a person actually combine WTM, unit studies, Charlotte Mason and Oak Meadow into one cohesive homeschooling curriculum?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totally have wanted to get the Classical kids stuff, but I can't find it at the library or Netflix. :( Don't s'pose your school library would loan it to an outsider? LOL, didn't think so.

    We were glad to see you at park day too. :) Cameron was so excited to see Cyrus! And thanks! Do I really glow?? LOL, I thought that was just my oily skin. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)