...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, May 12, 2008

I know it's a day late...


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Working a full shift yesterday, I sold so many cards and flowers it was almost unbelievable. So many sweet-faced little kids coming in with their dads, clutching the strings of "I Love You" balloons, carrying bouquets larger than themselves.... it made me smile with each order I checked through. You could tell too, when a dad stepped back and let the child choose the card, or the balloon, or the candy, and some would even hand their kids the money to pay - you should have seen the ear-to-ear grins on those kids!

We started celebrating Saturday, due to my work schedule. Elf and I made cinnamon buns first thing in the morning (he did a lot of it), then sat around and watched cartoons. Later in the day, E took Fairy shopping for some new glasses for the house, while M and I took Elf to the nursery to get veggies (my gift from M). I think we may have overdone it on the tomato plants (is that truly possible?)... Then we came home and planted them! I also have my basil in finally, alongside the rosemary, sage, bronze fennel, thyme, and yarrow. I still need parsley, cilantro, dill, and a few more herbs, and we're planning on adding other veggies too. We're waiting on lettuce, for example, until the beans are up and going so that the beans provide shade for the lettuces.

My brother, sister, the kids and I took my mom out to dinner last night at
Flavor, while M and E took their mom out to dinner right down the street (funny coincidence). The kids were amazingly well-behaved. We read them the kids menues and then they were very proud to order for themselves. It was really cute watching Fairy order a Shirley Temple! After dinner, we went out to the park area in front, and let the kids toss pennies in the fountains. I tried to hand my brother some money to cover a portion of the bill, but he refused it, saying that it was my day too. Sweet. Then I came home and the kids were off to my mom's for an overnight stay. When I got here, my good friend W was here, bringing me lumber for the kids' sandbox (and some more bookshelves), and tile for my bathroom floor.

So it was a good Mother's Day. I hope yours was good too!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for cool brothers!

    And I love your relating how it is at the store during Mother's Day. : )

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)