...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, June 12, 2006

I am just not good at keeping up with this...

I almost never post anymore. Oh well, I'm far from perfect, and usually just too busy. However, at the moment, I am on break, sitting at the front desk, at the American Heart Association, where I am a temp for the moment. So, I thought I'd update a bit....

Work - I passed the county exams with flying colors. Now I'm on the waiting list for an open position. I'm also applying for jobs at the SRJC like crazy, and am looking at a really cool part-time job with the Sonoma Land Trust. Keep your fingers crossed for me - if I have to work, which I do, I'd at least like to work for a business that is beneficial, and it has to be part-time, not full time, since I'd go crazy being away from my elflings that much. M is trying to get a position for the local school district as a custodian. He likes self-supervised work and it pays well.

School - I'm taking an online class starting next week, Interdisciplinary Studies on Cultures of Latin America & the Caribbean. Now I'm looking at all the classes available in the fall. M is looking at taking a couple of classes that will lead him in the general direction of crime scene investigation.

Kids- C.O. is FIVE now, which is just crazy. We took him to a train museum for his birthday, which was totally fun, because he got to ride trains too. He said it was the best birthday ever! He's really looking forward to kindergarten in the fall, which is good because I am still suffering from moral dilemmas regarding school versus homeschool. What's nice about his school is that I go with him for the first day, and apparently there'll only be 18 or 19 kids in his class. He still loves cars, trains, airplanes, and now robots and rockets. He's really interested in the science of things now, so I spend a lot of time looking things up in the encyclopedia for him. My mom does preschool activities with him while I'm at work, and he's starting on reading 2 and 3 letter words.
C.J. has suddenly shot up. She wore size 18 month for the longest time, and now she's right where she should be. I'm having a hard time getting used to a tall (for her age), lanky daughter. She wants very badly to go to school like her brother, and I think, if we try, we can squeeze out the money for 2 mornings a week at the preschool her grandma (M's mom) teaches at. She still loves singing and dancing, and learned to throw baseballs last week (she's got a great arm).

Apartment - well, if we could find someplace to put the still-packed boxes, we'd be good. Okay, I admit, I own waaaayyy too many books. But, M owns too much stuff. So there.

Marriage - After nearly 11 years, we still have to work hard at this one. We've been arguing a lot lately, over all the stupidest little things. I think it's job stress primarily, plus both of us are at somewhat of a changing point in our lives, what with going back to school and all. I don't know what to make of it. Hope it's just a phase!

Other than all that, not much is new.

1 comment:

  1. It is at those times when things are most uncomfortable that you're growing. If it wasn't uncomfortable, you'd be doing the same old thing.

    Try and take that perspective when doing that introspective thing with your marriage. Keep going, it's worth it.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)