...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm enrolled in my online humanities class...

it's not quite as hard as I thought it would be. There's a link in my sidebar if you're interested.

Scary incident last night. We have these stupid glass doors on our shower/tub. I was getting C.J. ready for a bath, but she said the water was too hot, so I told her to step back for a minute and I'd add some cooler water. I reached for the faucet, pushing aside one of the doors about an inch with my shoulder, and the door exploded! It literally shattered into thousands of little chunks of glass, flying everywhere. C.J. started screaming, M was yelling "what was that", C.O. started screaming because he was so afraid... it was just about the most frightening 30 seconds of my life. Thankfully, neither C.J. nor I were really hurt, just a few cuts here and there. C.J. did throw up a lot from the fear, but then we got her calmed down. She ended up sleeping in my bed because she had a couple of nightmares about the glass.

We're having the apartment maintenance guys do all the removal and clean-up today. M is going to ask them to remove the other glass door and let us use shower curtains for the remainder of out tenancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)