...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, December 15, 2007

A decent week...

We didn't get an awful lot done, but we did cover the basics: phonics, reading, some writing and math. Elf is in Lesson 8 of 11 in ETC 2, and we've decided to skip 2 1/2 and go right into 3, since 2 1/2 is, from what I can tell, review of 2. He's roughly halfway through Saxon Math 2 (maybe a little less), so we're about on target with that for the year, so far. I'm saving our new biology stuff to start after the Christmas break, so for now we're focusing on human anatomy. I have a great resource book for this, and found a site with free coloring pages. Yes, I am completely evil, and am giving the kids a few light science and history lessons during vacation. Nothing else though lesson wise, except maybe Timez Attack, which Elf is now hooked on (thank you Jenny). He's actually doing well with his two times tables so I really can't complain!

In other general news, I will be officially done with this semester on Monday, when I take my algebra final. I have already submitted my final essays for political science and child development. Then no classes until mid-January! We also spent part of last weekend tearing out the wall-to-wall carpeting in the main bathroom. Yes, wall-to-wall carpeting. I don't know why, but it was there! Now we have bare (high quality) plywood, until we can tile it. Still better than the carpet though. I have a sort of milestone coming up this week when I turn 35. We got a Christmas tree today, and I put some lights up on our little front porch. And that's about it for our exciting life!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like school is going FABULOUS for you guys even with you being so busy. I really don't see how you can work and go to school and homeschool. Crazy! But, somehow, you are pulling it off.

    Congrats on the end of the semester. And Happy Birthday to you!! Thirty-five was a good year. :)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)