...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ouch!

I usually don't post about this stuff, but does ANYone who reads this know how to prevent massive PMS headaches? I've only been getting them for about 5 or 6 months now, like clockwork. About 2-3 days before that time of the month, it feels like an iron band being tightened around my head, and it gets tighter each day. And this month I have horrendous cramps to go with it. Just waiting for the motrin and coffee to kick in at this point. Could it be a vitamin deficiency or something?

In other, lighter news, the kids are enjoying their summer days. We've worked in the garden, gotten M's hammock hung up, made a lot of iced tea... the Elf has been making Lego contraption after Lego contraption, and is slooooowly reading Mouse Soup out loud to me, a few pages a day. He also asked me if we could add the Chronicles of Narnia to our summer reading list, after we finish James & the Giant Peach. I would love to read those books to the kids, but should I read them in the order of publication (The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe first), or the chronological order (The Magician's Nephew first)? Hmmmm... definately nothing to agonize over! ;) The Fairy has been very busy as kitchen assistant. We've been making a lot of muffins lately, various flavors, but mostly based on this recipe. They make a great breakfast (with some fresh fruit on the side, and most days a smoothie), and an equally great snack. She loves helping bake, mix, stir, measure, and more.

Hope your summers are going well!

4 comments:

  1. If you find out, let me know! I've been having a similar experience every now and then the past year!
    homeschoolblogger.com/smallworld

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak to that specific sort of headache, but for the regular ol' killer headache, I go for the Excedrin. Oh, and with a caffeinated chaser of some kind, if possible. Hope that humble suggestion helps! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have health insurance? i've been taking sumatriptan for my veryvery bad headaches. ice packs on the back of the neck help, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No advice about the headaches :( but I do recommend reading the Narnia books in the order written (Lion, Witch & Wardrobe first!).
    :)
    Lee

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)