...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, June 20, 2008

Sort of a weekly wrap-up...

It's been a good, mostly relaxed, week. I actually had 4 days off this week (well, three whole days and 2 half days) so that really helped.

So far, the Elf & the Fairy are enjoying their summer break. They have been playing outside a lot, and both are turning a lovely shade of golden brown with rosy cheeks. Fairy's hair is getting lots of pretty blond streaks too. They have made a number of Lego contraptions this week; helped me weed the veggie garden; helped sort out toys in our garage-turned-play-&-school-room; decided (definately) on paint colors & a scheme for their bedroom; helped their Nonna with household packing (she's moving soon!); assisted in mopping the kitchen; spent hours digging holes in the yard (thankfully in the holes-allowed area); and generally kept themselves quite amused. I have found too that given enough cartoons, they want something different, so today is all about How It's Made.

Next week's goal - measure out and start building a nice big sandbox. I got all the wood for free (thank you W!), so I need to figure out exactly how I am building it, and get started. We also need to put in more tomato cages, as our many tomato plants are growing like crazy. Work on the garage-turned-play-&-school-room will continue as well.

Today, by the way, is a very important one - M is FORTY today! He says he's old, but I beg to differ. Old is 80, not 40. To celebrate, we are headed out to brunch, and then hiking, plus I have a special dinner planned for this evening. So, happy, happy, happy birthday to my dh!

P.S. Here is a very interesting link to a great essay/article on math... Lockhart's Lament. Much as I personally dislike math, once I started reading this article, I couldn't stop!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your dh. Mine just turned 43! I love your blog header and the "names" of your children.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday to M! Happy warm wishes from the homeschooling world. :)

    40's not old at all. My DH is turning 38 on Monday, and he's so bummed about it, though. Sig.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)