...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finally have all my books, etc. together...

for our upcoming homeschool adventures. The kids and I met with the IST yesterday to pick up everything we didn't have on hand. On the way home, the children were looking through everything with great excitement - just hope it lasts! I also decided we're going with a short lesson approach (ala Charlotte Mason) rather than block scheduling, at least at first, and I made this spiffy document. Now I just need to put a bunch of books on hold at the library (since I finally paid off my overdue fines, oops).

I then spent some time last night, when the kids were asleep and therefore calm, thumbing through things, figuring out how I want to approach each subject with each child. For example, with the Fairy, I am kind of mixing Oak Meadow kindergarten and first grade, along with a variety of supplements. I think, hope, I have it all balanced.

Now if I could just be this organized about my own book work!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Have you ever seen the Charlie Brown cartoon where Lucy is trying to figure out Charlie Brown's phobia? She finally gets it and he yells, "THAT'S IT!!"

    That's how I felt when I saw that link you left on my blog comments for the PB&J blog. That's the one. Thanks!

    And, I love your spiffy document!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)