...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Friday, August 15, 2008

What to do with myself?...

I took the next 8 days off from work.... vacation! It will be so strange to not be going to work for that time, but I am really, really looking forward to it. I don't plan on going much of anywhere, besides park day next week, but I have plans around the house, i.e. getting the garage transformation finished, and the house really clean before I start classes a week from tomorrow. I also have a job interview Monday, for a job I applied to over a month ago and never expected to hear from, so we'll see how that goes. I guess I do know what to do with myself when there's no work in the way!

Other than that, not much is new here, except for the arrival of Thimbletack and Nim, our two grey-striped-&-white kittens. Having been born to a feral mom that died just after weaning them, they are a little wild themselves. Mornings are spent running through the house like maniacs, tackling each other, climbing curtains (old, ugly curtains thankfully), and much of the remainder of the day is spent in apparently exhausted sleep under the futon couch. They are beginning to allow petting and cuddling, which always results in hugely loud purring. I think (hope) eventually they will settle in to being pet cats as opposed to wild girls.

And we're into the last couple of weeks of vacation for the kids too, with a planned restarting date of September 2nd. So, it is a time of many outdoor hours, lazy afternoons, Popsicles, stories, and relaxation. And for me, lesson planning, last minute doubts, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy and relax! And don't worry about the self-doubts. You will be FINE. Your kids are in good hands.

    Popsicles have become a staple in this house this summer. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)