...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Back from vacation... Weekly Reports week 6A & 6B


Give you one guess where we went!











Best vacation we have had in years. We spent three days at Disneyland (the California one). It was a first for both the kids and myself, although M had been there a number of times before. We stayed in a nice motel, ate out a lot, enjoyed a couple of shows, watched a parade, rode every ride we could (Cyrus loves roller coasters!), met a few favorite characters, and generally had an absolutely fantastic time! The drive there and back was semi-torturous, but so worthwhile really!

Now we're back to real life. I had work yesterday and today, at my new job. So far, I love it! We didn't get to schooling yesterday, but Cyrus did have his first piano lesson in two weeks. He didn't do too well, due to a lack of practice, but we'll remedy that before next Wednesday. Today we have a basic day of homeschooling in the works - math, writing/phonics/reading, maybe finish up Columbus...

We may be dropping out of 4H this year. I had planned for my mom to take them to project meetings while I'm at work, but she's having some health issues that preclude driving at the moment. I am a little more than halfway upset, and a little less than halfway glad to have the extra time back. We'll see what happens.

I also need to contact our Spiral Scouts leaders and figure out what is going on with that. If we can move our once monthly meeting to an afternoon, or weekend morning, then we could definitely keep up with that!

Next week we'll be fully back to normal, and have a full load of homeschooling planned. Right now we're adjusting to being back home, and to my new schedule. We do love seeing the sunrise every morning so far, and the kids are falling asleep more easily at night. I love being home to cook a nice dinner, and read bedtime stories. I keep finding myself mentally planning meals that can be prepped and/or cooked ahead of time though!

8 comments:

  1. How nice! Looks like a GREAT vacation! (My daughter will be visiting Disney in FL this week with her grandparents. I've never been! :( )

    All the best with planning meals! I'm struggling with that myself! I'm hoping to find some crockpot "classics" that the WHOLE family will like!

    Stopping by from Kris's Weekly Wrap-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disneyland has got to be the best homeschooling week ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disneyland sounds like a wonderful vacation to me. Sorry to hear you are going to have to drop certain things. Life is never perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like your weather was just perfect! Glad you had a fun time before coming home to start a new job....

    Regena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your new job is going well!

    Disneyland looks like fun. We live only about 3 hours away and have still never gone. Man, I get the bad parent award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great week! Disneyland is a fun place, but probably hard to get back into school after a few days there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Going back to regular schedule after Disneyland would be hard. We have been to Disney World a gazillion times but never Disneyland. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)