...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homeschool Resource Meme

Saw this on another blog, and she said to play along if I liked, so here we are!

1. One homeschooling book you have enjoyed.

The Relaxed Homeschool by Mary Hood. This is my go-to book when I am feeling that we might not be doing enough, or I find myself overplanning.

2. One resource you wouldn't be without.
The library! We can put books on hold from three counties, check out movies and audio books... if I didn't have the library we'd be broke from homeschooling alone!

3. One resource you wish you had never bought.
Hard one. I think I have learned something about what works and what doesn't from every purchase I have made, and I have managed to resell the things that didn't work.

4. One resource you enjoyed last year.
Explode the Code. It is straightforward, easy to use, and works! Besides, the kids like the humor in it.

5. One resource you will be using next year.
Teaching Textbooks. It is a great program for us this year, so we'll definitely be continuing with it.

6. One resource you would like to buy.
LinkA really good microscope, specifically this one: Ultimate Binocular Microscope for Home Use. However, the price is well beyond my range, so I think we'll stick with the very good one that we already have.

7. One resource you wish existed.
An inexpensive machine that would correctly print and bind ebooks right here at home.

8. One homeschool catalog you enjoy reading.
Home Science Tools and Acorn Naturalists. Don't make me choose between the two!

9. One homeschooling website you use regularly.
Well Trained Mind, specifically the forums. There are so many people on there with so many different approaches! While I don't follow the WTM approach, I still get a lot out of the forums.

10. Tag other homeschoolers.
I'm Nobody! Who Are You?
Our Homeschool Journey
Two Kid Schoolhouse
Wild Roots

4 comments:

  1. I'm playing along, too!

    I had forgotten about the Mary Hood books. I remember reading those years ago and feeling so good about what she had to suggest. I need to get my hands on a copy of The Relaxed Homeschool again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for the heads up on Acorn Naturalists. Looks good and I'm looking forward to exploring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, G. I'll have to do that as well. :-) I forgot about Acorn Naturalists. I've never actually ordered from them, but drooled a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want an inexpensive machine to print and bind books as well! Can you imagine how that would change our world! Great meme--I think I'll play along as well.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)