...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Musings...

On the agenda this week...

Reading

Planning
  • I am working on a fairly gigantic list of all the books I would like to share with the children over the next year or so. Not a plan mind you, of what to read at a particular time, just a list of books we can pick and choose from, books I don't want to forget to read with them. 
  • I'm also reading through Teach a Child to Read with Children's Books (which you can download for free here).

Activities
A much less busy week than the last one!
  • M's birthday on Wednesday. I think we're going to head off to the redwoods for the day, since he and I are both taking the day off from work.
  • Park day with a special focus on the Summer Solstice on Friday -- a potluck and some crafts/games.
  • Roller derby and piano lessons.

Other
  • Probably a movie or two, and a documentary or two (I think I have one in my Netflix queue about redwoods... hmmm)
  • An art project or two, or three.
  • Maybe a science experiment from this book.

What are your plans for the week? Will it be a laid back one, or hectic? Whichever it is, enjoy, and stop by this blog post - some good thoughts here!

3 comments:

  1. We've been spending some time w/ Netflix this week -- prehistoric cave paintings and cave exploration!

    This week will be relaxed, for sure. Some well spent time in the backyard, methinks!

    Enjoy yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ginger Pye my fave kids' book of all time:). Thanks for the alphabet card link-I'm bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to work on my lists like this. Just reading yours is putting me in an organizing mood! I like having a list of books we want to read and then picking and choosing from it. The kids like it, too.

    I MUST make a list of summer activities we want to do. Summer is already flying by.

    @ Kim: Ginger Pye is one of my favorite kid books too! Love it. Pinky Pye is good, too, but not quite as good as a book with a "mysterious footstepper."

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)