...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday Ramblings... And Happy Fall!!!

image courtesy of coolchaser


It is officially my favorite season of the year! I am, technically by a few days (at the last end of the spectrum), a fall baby, and as far back as I can remember, fall has been the best season of the year.... the crisp air, cooler nights, leaves changing color, the upcoming holidays, and so forth.

We have a lot going on in the next few days, so I should have some good pictures coming up soon!

Thank you all for bearing with me through my wishy-washiness. I realized that it isn't the books we are using that are the problem, nor is it the approach to child/interest-led learning. Instead, it is that I am not developing the ideas enough - I am not folding in additional resources, tangents, ideas, etc., though this would make it a much richer learning experience. The Boy has a desire to create a lapbook, probably inspired by his much beloved Ology books with all their little foldouts, envelopes, and more, so I bookmarked some great Pinterest sites (here and here) for Wright Brothers lapbooks. What I do like about the Pinterest pages and googling ideas is that there is NOT a pre-put-together kit for a Wright Brothers lapbook... we will have to create it ourselves! More room for creativity and development than in putting together something that someone else has pre-made for you.

So today we are celebrating fall. I plan on roasting a chicken, and making this delicious cauliflower dish, except that I will cut the cauliflower into pieces, and add some broccoli. Since The Boy and I did not make it to his distance running this morning, we'll be running this afternoon. Also on the agenda: some more paper grading; a library trip; a bit of house and yard work; and writing a fake conference paper proposal for one of my classes. Exciting stuff, huh?

Hope you all have a wonderful first day of fall! Enjoy the new season!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:09 AM

    Happy Fall! I'm a fall baby too, though a bit later in the season, so I just love it. ^.^

    Like you, I do feel like I'm not developing the ideas (for lessons and resources and more) enough at times. That's my biggest, ongoing challenge as well. It sounds like you have some good ideas, though, so I hope that gets you over that particular hurdle. :)

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)