...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Getting Ready....

Back to work and back to homeschooling next week! Wow, my time off has flown by!

So, in homeschooling, we're sticking with blocks, but adding back in the Afternoon Basket. I'm trying to structure our days with an eye to establishing a sense of daily rhythm, something along the lines below...

Sundays:
Afternoon Basket selection
Art project while listening to music

Mondays through Thursdays:
Afternoon Basket selection
Math
Language Arts (I'm working on organizing my thoughts/approach here)
Block Study/Independent Studies

I think starting each day with some reading will get the kids grounded and ready to go. And maybe this way we will finally finish The Magic of Reality! It will also allow us to return to reading Richard Halliburton's Complete Book of Marvels, which we love, and I can introduce the kids to philosophy. I think scheduling in art time on Sundays will work well too.

On another note, did you make New Year's resolutions this year? I have two... keep the house clean, and organize our finances better. No diet resolutions, unless you count the anti-diet approach as a resolution!

Hope your holidays went well!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new blog look! Hope your school revamp goes well. I like the ideas. As for resolutions, sort of… I have a plan. A friend of mine sent me a year-long checklist. You put your goals on the left under each month's header and then check off the days you perform/accomplish them on the 'calendar' to the right. I like it a lot better than just making vague resolutions, since it'll help keep me on track all year long. Hope YOUR holidays went well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Happy New Year! All the best with the new schedule and the resolutions. Looking to make a better record of my finances myself this year. Have you tried out Mint.com? I think I'm going to give it a go this years. Cheers! Hope the RH program has been helpful to you and your fam.

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)