...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Art This Week...

As we just read about the Minoans in The Ancient Greek World (from the wonderful Oxford University Press' World in Ancient Times), I thought some Minoan frescoes were in order...



These are up on the fridge door, so the kids can peruse them at their leisure. I think next week, we'll move into Greek sculpture and architecture, or maybe vases, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the humanities! I adore them. As part of our ancient history cycle this year, we're doing a lot of humanities studies. All the columns, the art types, culture, scientific advancement, logic… I'm in my glorious element. I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We're just about to take down our "Book of Hours." I'm glad you're having fun with art-of-the-week, too!

    ReplyDelete

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)