...

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. ~ Adlai Stevenson

Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Musings...

Outside My Window...
Beautiful clear sunny skies, and not too hot! We're supposed to be in the low to mid 80's all week, which is a comfortable warmth.

Planning...
Summer "school"/activities -- I did write a bit about this last week, which you can read here. It is a little hard actually planning activities (river trips, swimming, etc.), while still unsure of my job status at the end of the month. We're hoping, fingers crossed tight, that I'll get my layoff notice rescinded next week. If not... well, I do have an interview on the 25th for a good position elsewhere. Still, I like my job now, and would like to stay here!

In Our Homeschooling...
Lots of documentaries to watch this week, and we will finish up The Magic of Reality at last! The Girl is practicing her fluency work by reading The Boxcar Children out loud to me.

Around the House & In the Garden...
Just trying to keep up with housework as usual! The garden is doing beautifully. The cherries are gone, but we're getting some ripe raspberries now. I need to thin out the radishes and carrots. Everything has flowers and some plants have baby veggies/fruit forming!

Watching, Reading & Doing...
We're watching Cosmos, Mankind: The Story of All of Us, and America: The Story of Us. We watched Stand By Me for our family movie night last week, and everyone enjoyed it - I haven't seen that movie in years! We're reading The Magic of Reality and The Four Story Mistake. The kids and I started watching Firefly, as they ran out of Dr. Who, and M and I are still hooked on Lost. The Boy is working on a list of items needed for his summer project, while The Girl and I are planning to visit a couple of fabric stores and yarn shops soon.

What We're Up to Otherwise...
The Girl passed her first skills test in roller derby yesterday. She averaged about the middle of her team, which isn't too bad! She's really hoping to get on the roster for the final junior 2014 game in August, but is willing to donate her time to work the junior sales table if she doesn't make the cut. The Boy is working hard as always in fencing. M and I took a lovely 14 mile bike ride yesterday evening (the kids spent the night at my mom's) -- the picture here is last night's sunset on our way home. It's M's birthday this week, on Friday actually, when we celebrate the Summer Solstice with our park day friends. And then we'll be celebrating the Solstice at home on on Saturday!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments :)